Monday, April 14, 2008

Countdown has begun..Packing

I have been wanting to write for the last one month.
We have 10 days left to go back to India for good.
To summarize,for the past one month,from the minute I wake up,I plan my day out.
Once my kids are in school,I take my list for the day and start buying things.
Whatever I think is going to be useful in india,I buy.
I am hoping I have not bought too much,or anything thats not necessary.
But at the same time I feel,might as well buy when I see than go back and regret not having bought.
I then get back home when my kids are back from school,sort what I have bought,pack them,put them in boxes and label them.
but in the past two weeks things have been really ramping up,not only on the shopping and packing side,but closing shop at home too.
My groceries are depleting,all the clothes for my family has been packed,leaving only a few essential clothes to use.
We are also taking out things from all corners of the house,sorting them,throwing some,keeping some,giving away and selling others.
Its one of the toughest and time consuming jobs to do.
But it has to be done.
A good thing that I did was to sell all my household items like furniture,toys,car,TV etc a month ahead of time.Our house is empty,but filled with boxes.
My husband is busy closing accounts,canceling credit cards,etc.
This week is crucial.
Our container leaves in 3 days.We need to have every box ,every item packed,labeled and ready.
I closed my kitchen today.All my kitchen utensils are packed,leftover groceries need to be given away.We are getting food catered by a nice kannada lady closeby.
I cannot wait for the 17th when my container leaves.One big part of the move would be taken care of.
As much as I had planned out everything for the past one year,its still a lot of work and
somehow ,some things have to be done in the last minute.
The above is all about the packing...But in between all this,I do stop sometimes and all the thoughts and emotions of my life here in the past 11 years come rushing.
I savor them,sigh deeply and get to work again......

No comments: