Saturday, May 3, 2008

Hello from Bengaluru

Wow,its been a week since my family and I landed in Bengaluru.
The first word that comes to mind is "convection oven"!!
The heat is blistering.
So,about my past one week in Blore.
We landed early morn,my whole family was there,everybody were thrilled and happy .
Kids were a bit overwhelmed.My husband and I were just reeling from all the packing and
closing home in US.We had no idea what had happened the past one week before leaving to India.
It all feels like a blur.
Physically we were all tired.But emotionally,its a very strange feeling.
I felt a little uncomfortable and lost in my own city.My mind was still in Fremont,my thoughts were
about the home I have left behind and my life as I knew it.
Its funny,how we are in a confused,lost state and our family is eager to make us comfortable.
But sometimes in all the wrong ways.
It feels like they are all trying to wash off the smell of US from us,try to make us forget US as
fast as possible.
They show us the city around ,show off the new flyovers,new cars,the new malls that have come up and
how we get everything in India now,etc..
They also tell us scary stories of how people have settled in US and have suffered at old age,how US is not valued anymore,nobody cares if you are from US,fearing we may decide to move back after a year..
But sometimes it can be very annoying.We know what we were getting into when we decided to move to India,so there is really no need to manipulate our thinking.
I am still in a state of homesickness.Wherever I sit,my mind fondly drifts into Fremont,San Francisco,my kids' school,my gorcery store,my beloved minivan and all the other small things that was a mundane part of my life there.
Immediately I am brought into reality when the power suddenly goes.
I would rather take my own sweet time to get over the place that I have left behind.
But seems like everybody around want to ease us out of that as fast as possible.
Hence,I have decided not to talk about my life there,how much I cherish everything there because its really of no use.
Maybe one day,I will invite all my friends who have similarly returned to B'luru ,and chat and
reminisce about the wonderful years we have spent there,from when we were new brides to when we had kids,to the day we decided to come back to our hometown.

No comments: